Chemo Brain

Warning: Blogger suffers from chemo brain-The struggle is real, y'all!

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentines Day, Y'all!

Happy Valentines Day, Y'all!

This is a photo of my Soulmate-Ray and me, on the day of our 30th wedding anniversary/wedding vow renewal a few years back!





We've had a lot of wonderful years together, a couple that were maybe less than wonderful, but we are still together, and I can't think of anyone I would rather spend the rest of my life with! 

On the day of our wedding vow renewal party, which was to be held outside, we woke up to the promise of a stormy day. I was having a meltdown from the stress, and Ray held me and said, "We have weathered far bigger storms together." Wow, yes we had and guess what?? The weather eventually cleared, just in time for our party!




We have definitely dealt with a lot of changes since our wedding vow renewals in August of 2012!  
We have had our fair share of stress over the past few years! Ray was laid off from his job in Connecticut, and we moved back to Georgia. Ray had some heart-related health issues in February of 2014, and I was diagnosed with breast cancer in October of 2016.

In spite of all the stress and illness, I feel totally blessed! Together, we can weather the storms and enjoy the good times!

Halloween 2015

New Years Eve 

I know that we still face some challenges ahead with my finishing up chemo treatments, followed by surgery and radiation, but we will get through it and come out stronger! Ray has so much on his plate right now, but he is being wonderful and never complains! Have I mentioned that I married a wonderful man??


So how are we celebrating this Valentines night? Something romantic? No, I'm home alone, and Ray is at Conor's lacrosse game across town, and I wouldn't have it any other way! We managed to go out to my favorite Mexican restaurant last night for an early Valentines Day/late Birthday meal! 





Tonight our son needed him to be at his game. I would be there also but it's a late game and the long drive there and back, plus the sitting out in the cold....well, I just couldn't be there, but I am so happy Ray was able to make it! 

Beyond. Blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment