Chemo Brain

Warning: Blogger suffers from chemo brain-The struggle is real, y'all!

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

How To Celebrate Life? RUN!


I've been giving a lot of thought to just how I will celebrate life after I beat the $hit out of this breast cancer!

A night out dancing with the hubby? Pink hair??



A huge party?


Adventure?



A bit of pampering?


Those things sound fantastic, and I would probably like to get around to each of them, but my REAL celebration will be running a race!! Hey, I AM a runner after all!!




I can't wait to start planning my race schedule after I'm done with treatments and surgery! I will TRY to be sensible and not jump into anything crazy (like a marathon!), but instead, start out with a 5K?!! I was just challenged by my son, Nick to do the Peachtree Road Race (world's largest 10K) in July 2018, so that is definitely on my to-do list!! I also have a couple of friends who want to help me celebrate by running races with me (yeah, my friends are crazy also!) including my great friend Sherry whom I will be running a half-marathon with! Oh, and then I will HAVE to run the NYC Marathon! I owe myself this one and I'm hoping my friend Judy will be up for another marathon weekend because it just wouldn't be the same without her! Judy doesn't run, but she definitely gets in her own marathon trudging all over the city while cheering me on!
Judy in NYC for the 2015 marathon!

CAN'T. WAIT. TO. RACE! I get so excited just thinking about it!




4 comments:

  1. You know if you run, I'll be there to cheer you on, no matter where it is!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, I can always count on your support in any of my wild adventures!! Maybe Boston this time??

      Delete
  2. You have the best attitude! When are you done with treatment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I should have my last chemo on March 13th, and then surgery 2-3 weeks after that.

      Delete