Chemo Brain

Warning: Blogger suffers from chemo brain-The struggle is real, y'all!

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Silly Stuff Saturday

They say that laughter is the best medicine and believe me, laughter has far fewer side effects than a lot of meds the doctors dish out!

My chemo is coming to an end (THANK YOU, LORD!) and I have been pretty fortunate that the worst of my side effects have been much less severe than those of many people I have spoken to who have undergone the same treatments as me. However, the last 2 treatments have really tried to kick my butt for some reason! Such severe fatigue, horrible acid reflux, chills, a very low white blood count and a rash that appeared on my hands-which I am trying not to compare to leprosy! Other than the rash, these side effects were nothing new, but somehow they seemed so much worse than usual.

In addition to the physical challenges, I have been dealing with insurance issues for well over a week now and let me tell you....NOT WHAT I NEED RIGHT NOW!! Yeah, I'm not going to go into any detail over the insurance thing because my blood pressure has been exponentially higher over the last week than it has EVER been!

So, I figured that rather than spending too much time complaining (and getting my blood pressure up!), I would focus today on some of the silly things in my life that have made me laugh recently.

The first thing to come to mind is something that took place when I visited a dermatologist for the rash mentioned above. The nurse who took me into the examining room looked to be about 15 years old, but of course, she had to be older than that, right?? She had me sit down, and proceeded to ask, "So you are here for a rash on your hands?" I then held up my hands so that she could see the rash and this cute, young nurse said not-so-professionally......"EWWWW!?!" As we were leaving the doctor's office Ray asked what they said about my rash, and I replied, "Well, the 13-year-old said, Ewwww, yucky!!" LOL!



So, does anyone remember Susan Powter??

Many of you probably have no clue who this is, but she was pretty well known back in the day!  She was quite the fitness/weight-loss guru, and she was a bit flamboyant (loud mouthed), but I somehow found her fascinating as well as annoying!

My hair has now started growing back in, and it's rather white and fuzzy! Every time I look in the mirror I laugh and think about Susan! I have been walking around the house yelling, "STOP THE INSANITY!" Seems appropriate on so many levels!!

Unfortunately, I am only rockin' Susan's hair right now and not her eyebrows or body!! LOL!


I have to admit that I got a HUGE chuckle out of trying to paint on some eyebrows the other day because unfortunately no matter how hard I tried, I ended up looking a bit like this......

I'm pretty sure I have a lot more silly stuff to share, but unfortunately, that old chemo-brain is not functioning well today, so that's it for now......Anyway, gotta go work on those eyebrows!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you are at the end of your chemo. Altho I don't have cancer, dealing with my new diagnosis of RA has thrown me for a loop. Toxic medications, fatigue, nausea, rashes, joint pains, and depression have really thrown me for a loop. So has dealing with insurance and bills. I'm still running, but I've definitely lost my edge.

    We're all in this together. Hang in there. I know I am. Sometimes I'm just hanging by a thread.

    ReplyDelete