Chemo Brain

Warning: Blogger suffers from chemo brain-The struggle is real, y'all!

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Post Mastectomy Healing




It has now been a week and a half since my breast surgery-A unilateral modified radical mastectomy.

I am so thankful that the surgery went well!


I didn't have reconstruction surgery because I will have radiation treatments next, probably starting in a week or so. After radiation, I will start preparing for reconstruction.

I saw my surgeon for a follow-up, and he said everything looks good. He removed one of my drainage tubes, but the other will remain until probably next Monday.  It's nice only having one of these things to deal with, but I am ready to be rid of them completely!


JP Drainage Tubes

As my healing continues, I keep reminding myself how truly blessed I am. I won't lie, it has been difficult at times, both physically and mentally, but I have excellent doctors, an amazing family (including my nurse/hubby Ray who doesn't gag while taking care of my drainage tubes for me!), along with some truly fantastic friends and supporters.

Over the next week or so, I will share more detailed information on my surgery and recovery for those who have asked for more details. I am still having a bit of difficulty typing on the computer for any length of time due to the soreness where the lymph nodes were removed under my right arm.

I  tend to be very slow with putting my thoughts in writing under the best of circumstances these days, so for now, I will just say that the healing continues and I am one step closer to being cancer-free!

Pam


2 comments:

  1. You are such a sweet and tender soul. A true Southern lady! I'm looking forward to moving closer to you and Ray so we can hang out with each other! Love, hugs and prayers. Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joy! Can't WAIT for y'all to move South!! Love you and Michael SO much!

      Delete