Chemo Brain

Warning: Blogger suffers from chemo brain-The struggle is real, y'all!

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Moving Forward in May

Hey, Y'all-it's May!?!

I feel that I have so much to share today, but I promise I will try to keep it short!

MOVING FORWARD-

Last Monday-April 24th, I saw my surgeon, and he made me VERY happy by removing my remaining drainage tube! He said everything is looking good, but he wants me to go to Lymphodema therapy to hopefully stave off some of the almost inevitable swelling that will occur, due to the removal of 11 lymph nodes and the upcoming radiology-both of which are significant factors in the occurrence of lymphedema.

On Tuesday-April 25th, I saw my Oncologist for the first time since having my mastectomy. He was very pleased with everything he saw and cleared me for radiation treatments. He also said I could have my port removed! I'm not overly excited about the prospects of having radiation, but if I HAVE to have it-then let's do it NOW!

I went in for surgery to remove my port on Tuesday-May 2nd. The hardest part of this procedure for me was that I had to be at the hospital at 9:30 am, however, they did not take me into surgery until noon. After having no food or drink since midnight, I was starting to get a bit of caffeine withdrawal! At the end of the day- I survived the lack of caffeine as well as the surgery, and I am so happy to have that thing out of my chest!

Oh, and in other IMPORTANT news---I HAVE EYELASHES!! Not long, luscious lashes, but LASHES nonetheless!! It didn't bother me when I first lost my lashes-it was just another part of the process. But now that I'm done with chemo and have had my mastectomy, I have to say that I'm excited about the lashes! NOW, if my eyebrows and hair would just grow a little faster, that would be great!!

Next up in the journey to kicking this cancer's butt--radiation begins Monday, May 15th.

I have to say that I am getting really anxious to get done with radiation and onto new adventures in life!


Blessings!
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment